Monday, July 29, 2013

Electronics Mounting Bracket

I really wanted to come up with some type of electronics mounting bracket that would tuck all of the motor controller and other electronics up inside of the hollow gas tank. The tank would provide protection and still make the bike look half way normal. I created a pretty good 3d model of the bike frame and then made a solid model of the sheet metal mounting bracket.

Electronics Mounting Bracket

The electronics bracket is shown in red in the pic above. I was thinking I would send it out to be fabricated, but got a little impatient and spent a few hours Saturday and just fabbed it up.

Here's the actual Fabbed Bracket

 
 
 

I know it looks pretty boxy, but the tank still goes over it and covers everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment